3.16.2010

El Cheapo Chic: My $1 Burlap Wreath


You remember my sharing this great project on how to make a burlap wreath? Well, I decided to finally make my own. At first, I followed the tutorial more closely, using 6 strips of burlap roughly 3-4" in width and 36" in length, but it didn't look as dense as I had hoped once it was "scrunched" onto the wire. Instead, I took all the burlap off the wire, halved the width of the strips and skewered it back onto the wire. The result was much better for my tastes. For now, I'll hang it on the back door in the kitchen. I think the burlap looks nice against the white walls.

I have a fun and busy week ahead of me...get to visit with Sissy (it's been too long!), getting my hair done, St. Patrick's Day, a lunch with my ladies on Friday, and more work on Hello Magpie (I found some super cutie vintage additions and worked out some great handmade products this past week. Yahoo!)

So how's your week looking? Anything fun on your agenda?

Oh...BTW. Have you tried TeuxDeux yet? I'm slowly saying good-bye to my gazillion Post-it notes, it's THAT GOOD! Making my life more organized, one day at a time :)

4 comments:

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

hi eve! thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment :) loving your blog - keep up the great work!

XO - Julie

rosie/thefabricshopper said...

This would make a fantastic wreath for my front porch! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Lubs.

evie s. said...

That turned out lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...