3.15.2010

List eight: Favorite movie quotes

 "Where are the white women at?" [Blazing Saddles, 1974]
{image by Effingboring via craftster}

Bubs and I are crazy movie quoters...like, not a single day goes by without one of us quoting a movie in our everyday conversation. It happens so often I have to think about what was said to remember it was a movie quote! It makes us laugh. We're big movie nerds, what can I say? Here are a few of my favorites. Most of them are classics...I was feeling a little movie quote-y today. So, without further ado, a little insight into my ridiculously juvenile sense of humor. Enjoy :)

1. "And if it wouldn't be too much, I'd like to get something for you Clark. Something really nice." [National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, 1989.]

2. "Watch out for the horse crap, Ted." [Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, 1989]

3. "Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time." [Old School, 2003]

4.  "What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a f*cking beer. He's not taking your f*cking turn, Dude." [The Big Lebowski, 1998]

5. "The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please" [The Big Lebowski, 1998]

6. "Some men are islands. I'm a bloody island! I'm bloody Ibiza!" [About a Boy, 2002]

7. "I'll have some of the yellow. And don't get cheap on me." [Vegas Vacation, 1997]

8. "I got it, I got it. Last words - I dig music....I'm on drugs!" [Almost Famous, 2002]

9. "Purple! Your aura is purple!" [Almost Famous, 2002]

10. "Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark." [American Psycho, 2000]

11. "When life gives you lemons, just say 'F*ck the lemons,' and bail." [Forgetting Sarah Marshall, 2008]

12. "It's just a flesh wound." [Monty Python and  the Holy Grail, 1975]

13. Jack Byrnes: "If I set you up, do you think you can spike it, Focker?
Greg Focker: "Well, I would have to get pretty high."
Jack Byrnes: "I bet you would Panama Red." [Meet the Parents, 2000]

14. "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?" [Tommy Boy, 1995]

15."I guess you can dere-lick my balls cap-E-tan." [Zoolander, 2001]

16. "Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some b*stard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator." [Mallrats, 1995]

17. "Good stuff. This is the good stuff. Snakes and sparklers." [Joe Dirt, 2001]

18. "Don't tell me my business, Devil Woman. Call the fire department, this one's outta control." [Billy Madison, 1995]

19. "Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god d@mn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?" [Office Space, 1999]

20. "There is no Dana, only Zuul." [Ghost Busters, 1984]

21. "But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France? Tell 'em Vincent...A Royale with cheese!...You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?" [Pulp Fiction, 1994]

22. "Oh, wicked pic in the PennySaver, by the way. Super classy - not like those people with the fake woods in the background. Honestly who do they think they're fooling" [Juno, 2007]

23. "We thought you was a toad." [Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?,  2000]

24. "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing." [Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, 1989]


Ok...now I know I've missed about a billion quotes, but this is all I could think of right now.  How about you? What are some of your fave movie quotes?

5 comments:

Jodi Kendall said...

HA! This is great. I could quote Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure all day long.

Two of my fave ones....

Everything is different, but the same... things are more moderner than before... bigger, and yet smaller... it's computers... San Dimas High School football rules!

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.

Lindsey said...

EASY:
"We've got no FOOD! Got no JOBS! Our pets HEADS ARE FALLIN' OFF!"

-Dumb & Dumber:)

Evelyn said...

YES! See? I knew someone would like to geek out with me :)

Dan Reeve said...

isn't this a breakthrough, that I'm a sailor? I sail? I sailed?


and my B&T addition

As you can see, Genghis very much enjoys Twinkies because of the excellent sugar rush.

me said...

these go to eleven
~This is Spinal Tap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...