10.05.2010

I took the pledge, have you?

 
I heart handmade everything. From soap to scarves, lip balm to paper flowers, there isn't a single thing I don't adore more than when it was made with the loving hands + upending creativity of an artisan. In celebration of American Craft Week (Oct 1-10th), I've reconfirmed my pledge with the Handmade Toy Alliance to buy handmade this holiday season. Can you imagine the positive impact buying just one handmade item would have on our economy? The thanks it would show to those folks who pour everything they are into what they create? As one of those folks myself, you can't begin to imagine the joy I have when someone buys something from the Hello Magpie Etsy shop. The least I can do is return the favor :)

So. This holiday season,  I urge you to make your own pledge to buy + support independent handicrafters by purchasing at least one handmade gift. Need ideas? Check out Etsy's endless possibilities + click here to make your pledge to support our handmade nation!

xoxo

1 comments:

Casee Marie said...

Aw, your Etsy shop is darling! I think buying handmade is wonderful. Especially for gifts - they're just extra special!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...