5.17.2010

list seventeen: my soundtrack

 {wow. yep. that's me.}
I'm one of those folks who likes to live life as though I have an accompanying soundtrack. Here's a few sitches and songs to go along with them. Diversity is the name of the game, people.

1. Cruising in my car on a sunny summer day, when I'm feeling a bit feisty: Heart - Magic Man

2. Riding shotgun in the Mini: Daft Punk - Robot Rock
(p.s. This video? That's the '07 Keyspan Park NYC show, where I celebrated my 29th b-day. You can be jealous now.)

3. Working, working, working: Ambulance LTD - Anecdote

4.  When needing motivation for leaning, painting, or general tidying up: The Go! Team - Huddle Formation

5. Stoking the fire tentside, camping: Grateful Dead - Eyes of the World

6. The getting-ready-to-go-out-with-my-troublemaker-sister song: Bloc Party - Banquet (phones disco rmx)

7. Beach party, USA: Bob Marley - Rastaman Vibration

8. Always my #1 jukebox pick: Stevie Wonder - Superstition

9. When dancing with my love in the kitchen: Glenn Miller - Moonlight Serenade

10. Singing at the top of my lungs: Bruce Springsteen  - Thunder Road

11. When I gon' feeshin: Kenny Chesney - I Go Back

12. Nothing is better for sewing Elizabethan garb: Steeleye Span - Cam Ye O'er Frae France

13. Road trips require hip hop: Common - The People
(Nearly impossible for me to pick just one, so I went with a favie of mine. "While white folk focus on dogs and yoga..." Gets me every time lol)

14. Nostalgia circa 1997, Classic Drum & Bass edition: AK1200 - Drowning

15. Back porch sitting with a cold one: Santana - Samba Pa Ti

16. New song I have to listen to at least once a day: The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio



There's 84 bajillion more songs I could've chosen, but here's the first list. Soundtrack #1 coming at you with some brand new flavor for your ears.

7 comments:

mnB said...

love the pic!
so classic ;) haha

Diana Mieczan said...

What a great photo....totally made my day :) I love the list....
Btw: My birthday is in August too (11th) how about yours?
Kisses and I love your party idea :)

Evelyn said...

Thanks ladies! That's my alter ego rock star rearing her horns haha

Diana -- I'm Aug 9th! Go Leo girls!

xoxo you guys are the best :)

Unknown said...

i love other people's music :) so fun to know that side of a person.

MSM said...

Heh heh heh

How on earth did you ever narrow it down like that?

Great list.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Love the pic!! Great choices girl! Heart.. that's a classic. lol. Lovin it!

Diana Mieczan said...

How fun...Leo..rocks! Kisses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...