4.26.2010

list fourteen: weaknesses

It's been crazy busy around here with the launch of my online shop Hello Magpie last Thursday, and what a grand opening it was! A resounding first impression made upon so many folks. Thanks for talking the time to give me your feedback + suggestions. I appreciate it all so much. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Boy, do I have a treat for you tomorrow, folks...my first guest blogger! She's an Ohio gal + a small business owner, so please do pop on over and show her a warm welcome! I won't say any more...you'll just have to come and learn all about her tomorrow. How exciting!!

Also up on the agenda for the week...recaulking the bathtub! Boo! This should be an adventure...I think I may even post the 'before' photos, if you promise not to laugh. It's disgusting. Why I've lived with it for this long is beyond me. There's just something about the layout of the bathroom that doesn't prevent the best air flow and it takes ages to dry (hence the crazy-disgusting moldering caulk.) Super Eve to the rescue! It's the least I can do for our happy household...Bubs has weeded the entire yard, front + back, without so much as a peep, bless him. So, anyway, you have all that to look forward to (maybe next week? Hard to say how long it'll take me!)

And now for today's list no. fourteen: the weaknesses. This list is all about my favorite indulgences and those things which make my knees weak. The list is small, but mighty. How does your list compare to mine?

1. Shoe shopping. Even if I don't actually buy anything, just trying on shoes makes me ridiculously happy.

2. Sun-kissed skin. Fake or real, I like a healthy sun-kissed glow to skin in general, but especially on my skin. Fair just doesn't fare. It pales in comparison. OK, I'll stop...

3. Sweets. Any kind will do. Gummy anything, Swedish Fish, lollies, popsicles, ice cream, cakes, cookies, chocolate. Nothing, not even maple-flavored doughnuts, are safe around me. How I'd love to be one of those people who thinks that fruit is "sweet enough". Sure, it's sweet enough to be a topping on something really awesome, but it's hard to hold a candle to a Rice Krispies treat!

4. A well-groomed man. Throw a spritz or two of cologne into the mix and my heart goes a-flutter. I'm not saying uber groomed, however. I love a bit of stubble. Not too much, not too little. A fresh hair cut, trimmed nails and pearly whites are par for the course, but when you take the time to put on some (non-floral scented) lotion? A man after my own heart.

5. Blended iced coffee drinks. It doesn't have to be Starbucks for me to want to indulge in the frothy, creamy deliciousness that is a blended iced coffee drink. Caramel, mocha, vanilla, hazelnut? Yes, please.

6. Animals. I love animals, but especially love little fuzzy pet-type critters like cats + dogs. Visiting the animal shelter and the occasional pet store to give some cuddles to a kitty or mutt makes me happier than I can explain. I do draw the line at squirrels who dig up my plants and eat my veggies and my neighbors' dog, who should be classified as some otherworldly creature it is so ill-tempered. Poor thing, it's not even the dog's fault...I should say instead that I despise bad pet parents of all varieties. Just walk your dog every day and don't let it out to bark incessantly at 4 a.m...(yes, we notice.)

7. Old junk. Books, wood spools, baubles, tchotchkes, trinkets, art work...I love sifting and scouring through antique shops, estate auctions, and garage sales. I find items from other eras endlessly fascinating. Ancient books with hand-gilded leather covers, metal wire baskets, and milk glass anything are tried-and-true favies.

8. Miniature food. This has to have a separate category than sweets, but of course, it's colossal when a treat is both bite-sized AND sweet. I don't know where it comes from, but I absolutely adore bite-sized foodstuffs. Raiding my mom's kitchen after one of her tea parties makes for a great day -- teeny tiny salad sandwiches, petit fours, miniature fruit tarts, soup shooters, and even baby carrots in Chinese take-away. Love 'em all!

2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I checked your shop and I adore it! I even included it in my Friday round up and my readers loved it too!
About the weaknesses...hmmm...coffee...dogs... shoes…bags...I can’t resist at least looking at them (as you do)....yoga :)
Great post :)

Happy Monday!

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

why does almost everything taste better when it's tiny? i guess the best things come in tiny packages (and this has absolutely nothing to do with my own height, or lack thereof).
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...