4.23.2010

Freebie Friday: Yogurt + Berry Ice Pops

I need to come clean about something...and that something is my insatiable sweet tooth. This month, I've single-handedly polished off two containers of Edy's Slow Churned and now I'm onto a pint of Haagen Dasz peach fro yo. Seriously, I'm out of control! For the sake of argument, I'm blaming stress...ahem.

The point of it is this: I need a healthier (not to mention cheaper) substitution and fast! (Sure, I could just give it up, but where's the fun in that?!) Somewhere in a recent issue of Body + Soul magazine, they showed perfectly delectable homemade berry fro yo pops. Alas, I can't track down that exact recipe, but I did find two pretty rockin' replacements. I don't have a mold, though, so I may have to get a little creative in that department whilst keeping eyes peeled at the thrift store. I can't wait to give these a try!

1. Tie Dye Pops

2. Raspberry Yogurt Ice Pops

Anyone ever made something like these frozen yogurt pops before? Any advice? I'm also on the look-out for old-fashioned frozen pudding pops recipe a la Bill Cosby. Hook a girl up if you know a good one!

3 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Both look great! I often make berry yoghurt pops...Yum yum yum....
Here is a great website with all kinds of great frozen pops, even the frozen pudding one:
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/kids-week-frozen-pudding-pops.html

Have a lovely weekend :)

Evelyn said...

Diana, that's the motherlode of frozen treat recipes!You can even begin to imagine how excited I am :) Thanks so much for the link!

MSM said...

All I can say is yummmmmmmmm!!!!!

And OMG my mystery sign in word is croch hahahaha so glad there isn't a T in it, bwuahaha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...