11.16.2009

Please let me introduce....


The NEW Mr. and Mrs. R :)

Oh wow. Wowie wow WOW. It's official. We're MARRIED!

Gosh, it's so hard to know where to begin, I've had so many days of absolutely overwhelming emotion. I have a feeling it's going to have to come in stages, as I remember little bits here and there that I know, at this very moment, are all swimming around inside my heart. I feel a little like I have to be patient, bait the hook and fish them out one by one.

First. Can I just gush about the most amazing people we have in our lives? Seriously. Every, single person who has touched our lives are priceless to me. Whether able to attend or not, every priceless moment was gilded with the deepest love from all whom hold us so dear. How do you begin to thank so many for caring for us both so much? Oh. Words just cannot do it justice. It was one of the things that my most amazing husband and I couldn't believe. After the wedding, we sat on the floor of our living room and we couldn't stop talking, crying and smiling about the love we felt for one another, for everyone and from everyone. Love was a huge, very real, very tangible, living thing during our rehearsal, our ceremony, our reception and at every turn before and after.

I wish I could spend every waking moment reveling in the details, sharing every moment with everyone the whole world over, but some things I just know can't be explained. The emotion. The tears. The excitement. The anxiety. The purest joy I've ever felt in my whole life. It was perfect, even in it's imperfection. Perfect for us. It was so...us. Who knew I'd nearly faint in the bridal room, waiting for my turn to walk down the aisle? That was unexpected, but I really almost was a goner. And then, again, at the altar. I nearly fainted again! I don't know why...the nerves, the tight underthings keeping me in my dress, being a bit hungry? Who knows. At that moment, it didn't even matter. I held onto my Mr.'s hand like a lifesaver, closed my eyes and melted into the moment. I listened to the peace in my heart, the words of our minister and felt the support of the people around us. It worked and turned it into magic.

There were other moments, too. Like when our minister says to me, "Evelyn, do you take..." And I said, "I do!" Whoops. That was a little early. Then I giggled. Then I repeated my vows, staring into the eyes of my beloved and cried the happiest tears I've ever been blessed enough to cry. My love manifested itself and never before or probably after will I ever have another moment that pure of love, honesty and joy. I'll never forget it for the rest of my life.

Then. Oh. Then, when I knew we were married, really knew, I started to bounce because I was so happy and excited that I couldn't contain myself. Then we kissed the best kiss ever in the history of kisses. And we were introduced, and I jumped up and down. Really. I did a happy dance at the altar, in front of God and everyone. And everyone laughed. It was perfect.

You know, everyone says that you float. That it goes by so quickly. Having just done it, I can agree a certain amount, but not completely. I floated down the aisle. It was surreal. But I knew I was shaking and smiling like a crazy person, telling myself to walk slowly, keep smiling and don't faint. I looked into the eyes of our guests. Of my husband. Of my mom, sister, aunts, uncles, friends. That was very real and I was present for it...very there. And it does go by so quickly. But also so slowly, all at the same time. We both can't believe it's over. But we couldn't wait to kiss and be introduced. What a strange balance we felt.

So, without further ado, here are a couple of my fave photos so far (with many thanks to Mr. M and our friends Mary & Jeff, who were true historians of the evening!) I promise, lots more will be shared. No detail will be missed!

I love you all. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts, hearts, minds and prayers on Friday the 13th. It was truly the luckiest day of my life.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Yay for pictures!! Evelyn, you looked gorgeous. I can't wait to see more. :)

And I'm willing to bet I'll be jumping up and down too. I shake/bounce even practicing my vows...LOL!

Courtney said...

Congratulations, you two! I love that you got married on Friday the 13th. My parents were married on Friday the 13th as well, and celebrated 25 years this last April. Nothing unlucky about that. ;)

How adorable you said "I Do" ahead of schedule.

Mrs. B said...

Oh my dear, you two are just beautiful.

What a special day. Thank you so much for sharing. I am looking forward to more.

What a handsome couple you make!

Mr. M. said...

Congrats, darling. Second happiest day of my life. :) Did you remember to eat anything?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...