10.13.2009

The Big Reveal: Invitations

We've officially hit the 1-month mark 'til we say our vows. It's a powerful thought and I find myself a bundle of emotions. Happy, nervous, anxious, loving, thoughtful and even a little sad. It's weird. You'd think after nearly 12 years with someone, you wouldn't feel anything but total bliss, but, as I've discovered over the last year, it's so much more than I had anticipated. For me, it's been almost a rite of passage. Never have I ever felt more independent, ready and committed. It's a very grown up, serious feeling. Blissful, joyous, exuberant, yes, but serious. It's hard for me to articulate exactly how I feel, but I think you get the gist. I'm already mentally working on trying not to cry through the entire thing. Yeah. I might fail miserably, but that's what waterproof makeup is for, right? :)

With that being said, it's time to reveal the glory that is our wedding invitation suite. It was my true labor of love and one obsession. Really, I cared more about the invitations than the flowers and *almost* the dress. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out and proud of my work. Enjoy!

The details:

· Design for all pieces: me
· Printing: letterpress (invitations), digital 4-color (RSVPs) by Mercurio Brothers
· Paper stock for invitations & RSVPs: Somerset Soft White 300 gm Velvet
· Inner & outer envelopes: Strathmore square flap 80lb Wove in Natural White
· Calligraphy: Future MIL!
· Paper stock for maps/insert: Paper Source (printed at home on the Canon i560)
· RSVP envelopes: Paper Source
· RSVP labels: designed & printed at home on Canon i560, Avery labels
· Custom embosser/return address: Three Designing Women

{In addition to what you see, there were 5x5 double-sided custom maps and directions cards, a 1.5" brown card stock belly band with an 1/8" wide double-wrapped satin ribbon to hold all of the pieces together. *note: I got the color as close as possible, but isn't quite right. It's more a muted warm yellow, rather than a bright yellow as in the foreground of image 1.}



{Please do not copy images without my consent!}

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

They are absolutely stunning, Evelyn!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Evelyn said...

Thank you, dear Mrs. B!

Anonymous said...

WOW. You designed those?????!!!!!!

I am impressed, to say the least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...