8.12.2010

Good Morning Ohio: Ohio State Fair


It's true. I love any and all fairs, festivals, and carnivals. I love deep-fried food on sticks, precarious rides, surly people, and petting zoos. The Ohio State Fair has all that and more and the $6 Kroger ticket price (plus parking costs) makes it worth every penny. This year, we saw a momma cow and her 2-hour old calf, got a 2 lb. bag of candy, ate both a deep-fried S'mores AND a deep-fried Twinkie (and when I said 'we', I meant 'I'), and snapped some cool shots with Hipstamatic. Because Hipstamatic is to the state fair what peanut butter is to jelly. I'm even considering entering some baking or craft handiwork next year. At only $10 to enter plus $1 per item, it's a fun + cheap way to participate.

So if you missed the fair this year, consider coming next year. Eat some deep-fried stuff. Drink a massive iced tea. Take some photos. Get some sun. Pet a cow. It's good times.

7 comments:

Momma said...

Heh. I will live vicariously through you on fairs. And Zoos and farms, and fruit festivals and pretty much all things carney.
: - )

psgorder said...

LOVE the Hipstamatic shots!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love fairs....Best place to feel like a kid again...Great photos,sweetie:)

Happy Monday

agatheloff said...

Love your photos
!


http://agatheloff.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love the pics!! we went to the fair this year for the 1st time in years.... (we got FREE tickets from kroger for buying loads of 10 for $10 cheese ;)

Amy Seager said...

I love fairgrounds! They're amazing!
I'm having a giveaway tomorrow so come on over!
Love
Aimee
x

The Beachbaby said...

fantastic shots! loving the 4th & 5th especially :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...