5.24.2010

list eighteen: what my weekend looked like.

May in Columbus

Let's just say that Bubs and I hit the ground running this past weekend...

1. Had lunch with my best friend.
2. Bought & installed a PUR water filter on my kitchen tap.
3. Finished crocheting a mesh tote bag.
4. Slept in Saturday morning.
5. Went to Plain City Heritage Days uptown, took some photos & played a "Guess this vintage object" game...I think I did pretty well, actually.
6.  Drove over to Der Dutchman for continued Heritage Days fun.
7. Pet a pony.
8. Ate a doughnut.
9. Met great folks at the Etsy Columbus Craftacular.
10. Bought some Ohio-made preserves at North Market.
11. Worked on a second crochet tote.
12. More friendly faces at the Agora art show.
13. Bought a screen printed art poster from Will Ruocco.
14. Read three chapters of No Impact Man (which I love & wish everyone would read.)
15. Listened to the birds chirp in my back yard.
16. Did some urban gardening...Planted our veggie garden, herb garden, and flowers in 4 containers.
17. Ate a delish dinner of grilled teriyaki pork chops, hericots verts, asparagus, an organic potato, and spinach salad. Yum.
18. Then ate a coconut popsicle (thanks Tony for the idea!)
19. And then ate a bowl of Amish granola and bananas. I don't like bananas.
20. Got an email from an old friend I haven't heard from in ages.

One of the best weekends in memory. How was yours? What did you do?

6 comments:

MSM said...

WOW- you had a great and busy, productive weekend! doesn't it just feel awesome?

You should share pics of your garden when you get the chance!?

Mrs. B said...

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

~Philippians 4:8

Unknown said...

what a fun weekend!! i want to see the garden too :) and your crocheted (?) totes! i scrapbooked and took the little man to urgent care. oh, and went to a daisy scout party. ha.

Evelyn said...

@ MSM -- it feels amazing. I've never in my life felt more alive!

@ Jen -- Don't have to ask me twice...pics of the garden coming tomorrow :) I hope Cohen is OK...I worry when I hear things like that.

@ Mrs. B -- That is the best comment I've ever had because that's exactly how I felt about it. Thank you for understanding.

Dan Reeve said...

I was there for most of this... it was good times

Diana Mieczan said...

You pet a pony? Ohhh how cool! Your weekend sounds great!
How was the coconut popsicle? Sounds really yum:)
We had a busy one...birthday party and Balazs had to work so I met my girlfriends for a chat...swimming (I do it everyday)...
Kisses and I will make sure to pop in every day :)
Sometimes the day is too short :)
Muah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...