5.28.2010

Freebie Friday: Moroccan Mint Tea

So who's going to see Sex & the City 2? I definitely want to see it...I mean, Aiden's in it. C'mon! Love him!

Did you know that SatC 2 wasn't filmed in Abu Dabi at all, but rather was filmed in Morocco? Morocco is my mother-in-law's favorite place on earth. I've always wanted to go. Close friends of mine who went on a mission to Morocco have told me their amazing experiences. Because a trip to Morocco isn't happening in my near future, I wanted to celebrate the SatC 2 opening in some fashion...hence, Moroccan Mint tea!

Mint green tea is a sign of hospitality and is steeped (har!) in tradition in Morocco. It is highly respected and valued as an art form, having special tea ceremonies and a rich cultural heritage. Moroccans prepare their tea from green tea and serve with mint.

For you, my friends, a bit of Moroccan hospitality, from me to you:

Moroccan Mint Tea (from Recipezaar & Hostess with the Mostess):

Ingredients

  • 10 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
  • 3 teaspoons green tea
  • 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
  • 4 cups water

Directions

  1. Boil the water and pour a small amount in the teapot, swishing it around to warm the pot.
  2. Combine the mint and green tea and sugar in the teapot, then fill it with the rest of the hot water.
  3. Let the tea brew for three minutes.
  4. Set out glasses for the tea.
  5. A shot-glass is close to the slender glasses used in Morocco.
  6. Fill just one glass with the tea, then pour it back in the pot.
  7. Repeat.
  8. This helps to dissolve and distribute the sugar.
  9. Pour the tea.
  10. You want a nice foam on the tea so always pour with the teapot a high distance above the glasses.
  11. If you do not have at least a little foam on the top of the first glass, then pour it back into the teapot and try again until the tea starts to foam up nicely.
  12. Garnish with the remaining sprigs of mint.

4 comments:

Jodi Kendall said...

oh yum! this sounds fabulous. I don't know if I'll be catching the film this weekend, but definitely while it's in theatres :)

C'est La Vie said...

morocco?! i want to go there...

and that sounds so yummy

thanks so much for your advise, i am going to a chiropractor today on my lunch break!

xoxo
sara

Diana Mieczan said...

I've just seen it...and I loved it so much...I really recommend...Morocco is beautiful and I hope one day I will have a chance to see it in person. I am having a picnic tomorrow and I will make this mint tea...It will be perfect! Thank you sweetie and have a great weekend :)
Muah

Rachel said...

Ooo I've always wanted to go to Morocco too :) I love exotic places. And the tea recipe looks delicious!! I will certainly have to try that!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...