So it got me thinking: How do I make my own health and fitness a priority? How do I stop the BS excuses and make time? How do I find the motivation and maintain it? I need your help! Clearly, I can't hold myself accountable so I'm sharing it with all of you. Joining WW isn't an option in my budget right now and neither is joining a gym. Here's my goal: I want to lose 20 lbs. this year. Even though I don't really know how I'm going to do it, here's my rough plan.
· Go to bed early, sometime between 10-11pm
· Get up at 8am and get boring work out of the way (paperwork, emails, etc) and have a cup of coffee.
· At 9am, alternate days of going for a walk, doing a fitness DVD or strength/weights training.
· Eat a high protein, late morning/early lunch.
· Back to work by 11am.
· Work until dinner (around 6pm).
· Straighten up workspace, finish last minute items. End no later than 8pm. (ha!)
We already eat really well, though we can always improve. Less Diet Coke and more water (God help me.) Even though I'm not a morning eating kinda gal, I really need to get into the habit. That's why I'm thinking a late morning/post workout/high protein meal is a good compromise.
I know that there are some big holes and weird spots in this schedule, but at least it's a start. I'm a list person. If I have a list, a routine, maybe I can stay motivated. At least I'm hoping so, anyway.
So there it is. That's my goal. Now I just need to work on the motivation. What about you? What system works for you and keeps you motivated?