2.08.2010

12 Years and One Husband Later

I've known my husband, who I fondly refer to as 'Bubs', for 14  years. We've been together the majority of 12 of those 14 years. Today marks the 12-year "anniversary" of our relationship. That makes me feel a bit old, but happier than I can explain. There isn't anything that life can't throw at us that will surprise us or that we won't work through as a team. Our long history together has proven that much and more. Together, we made a few thoroughly stupid choices, laughed, cried, partied, celebrated, fought and lived life larger than most people do in an entire lifetime (none of which we regret.) Oh, the stories I could tell...

Today, we talk about our happiness. We talk about how being married does feel different and how we thought it was impossible to be happier than we were before, but we've managed it together. We laugh all the time, usually at the most ridiculous things (making weird noises as loud as possible right before bed is a favorite. It's tear-inducing hysteria, let me tell you.) We support, encourage and pester one another. Sometimes we yell. Sometimes I  yell. But we apologize. We say 'I love you' and mean it every time. Sometimes we can't hug each other enough.

The last 12 years has been nothing short of amazing. To grow up together with someone like that is remarkable and rare. Here's to everyday -- past, present and future. I love you, Bubs.

5 comments:

HennHouse said...

Beautiful.

You two are amazing.

Taryn said...

What a sweet tribute!! I hope Brian and I are just like the two of you in 12 years...you inspire me. :)

Mrs. B said...

Happiness to you both forever. What a wonderful post!

I daresay if the photo on the left is 12 years old, aside from your husband's facial hair and longer sideburns you two look exactly the same as you did then.

Laughter does keep one young.

A toast to you both, long life and joy for years and years to come!

Evelyn said...

@HennHouse -- Thanks so much! You're not so bad yourself, there, Henn fam :)

@ Taryn -- I wish you both all the best for the next 12 years and beyond! It goes by so quickly. Just remember to see the joy in the everyday things.

@ Mrs. B -- If you can believe it, that photo really was taken 12 years ago, if not a bit sooner! Mom always told me I'd appreciate a youthful face one day :) Thank you so dearly. And I couldn't agree more... laughter really is the key, isn't it?

Dan Reeve said...

had a great day with you wifey. Thanks again for the thoughtful gift.

love you too

D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...