7.02.2009

Kitchen Inspiration Loveliness

{Cottage Living via MyHomeIdeas.com}

I came across this photo and am determined to polish up our kitchen in the same fashion. Honestly, we're pretty close as it is (white cabinets, silver pulls, some stainless steel appliances) but it would be nice to continue to push the design further. Those sliding glass doors are fantastic, aren't they? I wonder how hard our standard cupboards would be to convert..?

Currently, we have a rather cool metal Ikea shelf above the sink, with a small halogen light as well. It doesn't function quite as efficiently as I'd like it to, though I'd be sad to lose the light if we did a built-in plate rack (of which I am very fond.)

{Cottage Living via MyHomeIdeas.com}

Note the white subway tile back splash. Ah, love it! One can never go wrong with white subway tiles. They would contrast nicely with our chalkboard wall, wouldn't you agree? (Please ignore the poorly-placed phone jack.)

In the far corner of the kitchen, we have a nook with an L-shaped banquette of which I am not a huge fan. The lamp above where a table should be isn't centered properly and you tend to feel a disconnect from the rest of the kitchen, though the seating comes in handy. Personally, I'd like to replace it with this (and thanks to Copy Cat Chic, I know to opt for the JCP version!)

{JC Penny's via Copy Cat Chic}

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only problem with open cupboard space is one needs to be extremely tidy at all times to pull it off- personally I wouldnt dream of it for me because I am simply not that tidy. Love it for other people, though and certainly in magazine shots!

Sounds like you have a nice kitchen. Yay.

Cottage style is my all-time favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...