6.08.2009

Eye Candy: Newby Hall + A Real Vintage Wedding

While dreaming out loud with my English cousin-to-be of lush manor gardens and quaint farm cottages, I learned of Newby Hall in North Yorkshire. Oh to be as lucky as she who can visit whenever needing a bit of a Pride & Prejudice inspiration! On my next jaunt over the pond, a visit is at the top of my list.

And look at what else I've come across, but these lovely wedding photos of Betty Doxford, of the Newby Wiske Hall to Lieut Gibson, a "gt-gt-nephew of the poet Wordsworth" circa 1928. I love her bridal cloche hat and her stunning cascade bouquet. {P.S. ladies...Newby Hall is available for weddings! Now THAT would be one amazing destination wedding!}

{All images courtesy Flickr}

4 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Oh how lovely!

I do hope you do get to visit there soon.

Sue said...

Amazing photo! Found your site by chance - Lieut Gibson was my mother's cousin - wondering where you found photo?

Evelyn said...

Hello Sue and thanks for the lovely comment! All of the photographs were found on Flickr. Isn't it amazing what you can happen upon? Where the photographer had found them originally is beyond me, however. Here's the link. I hope it helps! http://www.flickr.com/photos/fawbs/2377732760/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information, Evelyn. It was such a surprise to find this photo whilst doing some family research and it's encouraged me to keep looking! Best wishes, Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...