5.13.2009

The Start of the Second Half

It's official today...six more months until the wedding! It's hard to believe that time has gone by as quickly as it has. This summer will go by even more quickly, with parties and showers, home improvements, career building and wedding DIY projects galore, I only hope I can slow down long enough to keep my head on straight and find a happy balance between being challenged in a way to promote growth and completely losing my cool. Lately, I feel a lot more lost than feeling anything even loosely resembling enlightenment. Actually, lately I've been feeling a little down. Maybe it's the stress I feel I've been under recently finally catching up? You can only outrun it for so long...

So, on this monumental of days, a half year away from beginning my new life with D., I'm making these next 6 months all about me and my mission to become a grounded, peaceful person so I can bring the best version of myself into my marriage. D. deserves that more than anything. He puts up with a lot that I dish out and it isn't always fair to him to be my catch-all for my rants. And furthermore, I deserve to be happy. Don't we all?

Now's the time. I'm going to lose fear and just do whatever it takes to find happiness, inner peace and a sense of purpose. No more excuses. I'm going to try very hard not to worry so much. I'm going to smile more, eat better, sleep more soundly, reduce stress and get fit (all in baby steps, of course...I'm not working miracles over here!) I'll do good deeds for others whenever I can. For the first time in a long time, I'll work on me first and making these things my priority.

Is anyone else out there feeling like they need to have a NYE resolution revolution? I know I haven't come close to fulfilling mine ("Get myself together and do what makes me happy." Easier said than done.) I think it's time to dust off my party hat, break out the noise makers and start over. Reset button, consider yourself pushed.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

WOW- Evelyn, I wish this for you and more. Life is short - grasp it firmly and live it lively.

My best thoughts go out for you and your new-found transformations!

May these next 6 months be everything you have dreamed them to become.

Your avid reader,

Mrs. B

HennHouse said...

Wow. Fabulous post. You are inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...