4.22.2009

Feeling Like Goldilocks...

I just need to vent for a moment because my brain is fried and I am all but consumed with frustration over nothing in my closet fitting properly. I feel a lot like Goldilocks not fitting properly into the 3 Bears' beds. Seriously, if it's not too long (which, at 5'1", is nearly everything I own), it's too tight or too big (I've apparently found my mystery in-between size.) Or my shirts are too short because The Girls have seriously come into their own. Or it needs to be mended. Or I don't know...it's the wrong shade of chartreuse. OK, that one I made up. But still. Argh.

Given that I've heard nothing but good things about Weight Watchers, I think I'm going to join the online WW. Even though I'm financially-challenged at this particular juncture, I think it's worth it to get my butt in gear and stop complaining. It's become this thing, how I feel about myself and my body...I generally am not unhappy, but I don't feel like myself anymore. Like, the way I look and the way I think I look are two vastly different things. That's very frustrating. I've come to terms with never being a size 2 again. More than anything, I just want to feel good.

D. and I have been eating so well for awhile now. Sure, we veer off-course every once in awhile, but I'm not one for depriving myself of things I enjoy, so long as it's in moderation. That's the key, I think...moderation. I have issues with it. I like sweets. And Heineken. And bread. And ice cream. In a perfect world, those would be my food groups :)

3 comments:

HennHouse said...

"That's the key, I think...moderation. I have issues with it. I like sweets. And Heineken. And bread. And ice cream. In a perfect world, those would be my food groups :)"

Preaching to the choir, sister. The whole choir.

(BTW-I've been thinking the same thing about WW lately, too. The new "momentum" thing is supposed to be great. Lemme know how the online thing goes. I just don't think I could fit another "meeting" into my day!)

Evelyn said...

Thank you -- It helps to hear I'm not alone here! I will let you know, too, how it goes...going to do a bit more recon on it and hopefully sign up either this week or next. Fingers crossed!

Mrs G said...

You forgot chocolate as a food group ;o)

Oh I know how you feel. I lost 35lbs on WW several years ago, and have since gained back all but 2 of them. Frustrating! Maybe I should be thinking about joining again, but like you, I'm financially challenged at the moment. But I am curious how the on-line program works. Let us know.

Good luck with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...