2.05.2009

Let Them Eat Cake

Back to the cake subject.

I love cake. I love making it, decorating it, eating it...everything. Any good baker knows and appreciates how much science, work and love goes into baking and I, ladies and gentleman, am a true purveyor of baked goods appreciation. I'm a sucker for Ace of Cakes and any Food Network Challenge involving cake. Though I also am a self-proclaimed cake snob, all cake makes me smile (I just may not always go for seconds.)

The funny thing about my love of cakes...I don't have grand ideas about my own wedding cake. Don't get me wrong, I most definitely want it to look like a wedding cake, but perhaps an understated palette of whites is more my style? I'm not entirely sure and D. really isn't so bothered with cake. He doesn't eat it. His allegiance is with fruit pie. All I know is how desperately I want it to generate mouth happiness. We haven't begun the hunt for our cake yet, but there are quite a few great sources here in town. That will be one check mark on The List that I will truly enjoy.

Here's a few I big puffy heart. See what I mean? All pale colors and simplicity. Edible loveliness.


{Courtesy: Brides}

{Courtesy: Brides}

{Courtesy: Martha Stewart}

{Courtesy: The Knot}

{Courtesy: Martha Stewart}

{Courtesy: Martha Stewart}

{Courtesy: Martha Stewart}

{Courtesy: Martha Stewart}

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...