2.14.2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Even if you're a bit of a cynic (like myself, quite often) and don't get into celebrating Valentine's Day, everyone can celebrate this cake, sent over to me by pal over at the HennHouse. (Side note: If you haven't visited lately, be sure to check out what's happening over at the HennHouse. Her kids say the sweetest things on the planet...like, melt-your-heart kinda cute!)

Mama Henn is a fantastic baker and is a fan of the Cake Wrecks blog. I hadn't ever visited it before, but oh my. It's hilarious! What a mess. If you've never visited it before, go right now. I can't even find the words for some of the cakes. Seriously. Feet Cake. I can't make this stuff up! Each Sunday, they have a feature called Sunday Sweets, where they show off some super cutie cakes to mix things up a bit. She shared with me this darling cake...


{Courtesy: Cake Wrecks}

So, needless to say, I'm a little partial to this adorable vintage-inspired cake encrusted with M&M's. Seriously high cute factor going on here. Just enough kitsch for me, too. I wish I were clever enough to have come up with it myself!

My advice for today is to feel inspired to go bake something, treat yourself to your own confection and have a day to yourself filled with minor but fantastic self-indulgences like a glass of wine in a bubblebath or buy yourself some pretty flowers. There's no rule saying that you can't eat a whole box of chocolate alone, either. I won't judge! And lastly, don't wait for someone to do something for you just because it's February 14th or sulk if/when nothing magical happens. Magic is all relative anyway, so get off your hiney and go do something for yourself to make your day a little brigher. It's Saturday, for goodness sake! That's reason enough to me to celebrate!

3 comments:

HennHouse said...

Thanks for the mention!

Today we're making popcorn balls (if I can find my candy thermometer and perfect the whole syrup thing!) I think we'll make cutout cookies, too. You are such an inspiration!

Evelyn said...

Popcorn balls are my FAV!! You have some adorable little helpers for cut-outs, too :) Happy Valentine's Day to everyone over at the HennHouse!

Anonymous said...

so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...