2.12.2009

DIY Felt Fruit & Buckeye Buddy Blankie


{Front to back, left to right: fried egg, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pancakes, syrup with
pats of butter,
2 iced sugar cookies, frosted pastry with strawberry, 3 ravioli, green apple,
removable peel banana,
red apple, 2 slices bread, 1 slice cheese, 1 leaf lettuce,
1 slice lunch meat, head of lettuce, carrot, prezel, peanut butter & jelly}
D's been on me about posting about the gift I made his 2-year-old neice Lily for Christmas. It was a whole felt grocery bag filled with plush felt fruit! She has an active imagination, but was in desperate need of some food options for her play kitchen. Voila! A plethora of options for a foodie-in-training! Everything was made using felt (both wool and polyester), Poly-fil, hand and machine sewing and embroidery floss for some detailing (avoiding small things kids may eat, like beads.)
 This past Christmas was a big one for DIY. I also made my best friend's baby boy a Brutus Buckeye buddy blanket from felt and soft fleece (it's a little security blanket.) The facial features were fused together using fusable webbing and hand sewn together for added safety.

I made scarves and a huge scarlet & gray fleece blanket, too, but I'm not sure I have photos of those...if I can find some, I'll post them later :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...