7.07.2011

Library Meets Dining Room

 {image}
What do you think of dining rooms with shelving? I'm seeing images popping up more frequently lately of dining spaces with shelving -- whether they be built-ins, floating shelves, armoires, etc. Does it not only work for small spaces, but for larger spaces, too? We have a gross lack of plain, flat, usable wall space in our home. AND quite a lot of books. Shelves of some sort could act as a design element AND be functional. But books in my dining room? Is it weird? Could it work? These photos almost make me think it could...

 {image)

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I think it's perfectly fine to have shelves in your dining room, and I especially love the mostly white first picture!

MSM said...

I think it is odd. I like the images but they don't bring an appetite to mind, they bring college studying to mind - not foodie enough for me, so I would not do it. Just sayin.

Images are awesome nonetheless, thanks for bringing it all to mind.

Unknown said...

Personally I think books belong in ever room of the house. My dining room doubles as my study, sewing and craft room and the plan is to have shelves on both sides of the chimney and a display cabinet (and if I can figure out how to do it, shelves on the underside of the stairs - check out this picture on pinterest)

Andrea said...

based on these beautiful photos, YES! The first one especially is a dream space. I think it could work : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...