5.08.2011

Hey Mamas...It's Your Day!

 {recycled flowers by Yoav Kotik via TreeHugger}

Happiest of happy days to every one of you awesome mothers out there! I hope your day is filled with smiles, hugs, giggles, and whatever wonderful things you can imagine.

If you happen to find some extra time on your hands today for some hands-on projects, here are a few of the latest projects on my radar...Enjoy!

Candied bacon...c'mon. How good would some candied bacon be atop a maple buttercream-frosted cuppie? Yep. I thought that might getcha!

Emeril's cayenne-candied bacon recipe via Food Network (skip the cayenne if that's not your bag)

Recycled paper flowers...let your imagine soar for sources (like the above soda box flowers). Here are a few tutes around the web as a place to begin.
 
recycled toilet paper roll blooms via Parent.com
recycled paper flowers via How About Orange
recycled magazine flowers via Little Sprinkles of Fun

 Living with Less, according to Re-Nest. OK, ok. It's not a craft, but it IS a DIY. And it comes with weekly tasks. And you end up with a tidier, more livable home environment. How does that not suck?! I started with my bedroom closet a few weeks ago and, admittedly, lost steam. But these weekly posts has my spirit renewed! I. Will. Do. This.

check out all the Living with Less articles via  re-nest | apartment therapy

Modern Quilt loveliness. I am determined to be a quilter. Sort of like a really hip, modern granny sort of quilter. Part of me wonders if I should take a class, or (like everything I do) just dive right in and figure it out. There are so many amazing mod quilts floating around the Web, it's hard not to want to make one, too!

the modern workshop quilt free pattern via oliver + s
lots of free quilt patterns via Amy Butler (big props to Ohio!)
rainbow bunting baby quilt tute via a pretty cool life (holy moly, cutest quilt ever)

1 comments:

Mpmma said...

Loved this.

Love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...