5.10.2010

list sixteen: favie snacks

 
{sara hayashi knows what I'm talkin' about.}
I get food cravings like nobody's biz. Here are the ones my snack monster loves the most!

1. Kosher dill pickles, specifically Klaussen's. No other dill will do.

2. Ruby Red grapefruit. I am a candidate for a grapefruit knife and spoon set.

3. Green grapes -- especially the crazy-big ones.

4. Fruit Roll-ups. I actually resist the urge to lick + stick the temporary tattoo printed on some varieties.

5. Snyder's of Hanover sourdough hard pretzels. They never last long at our house.

6. Colby cheese. Huge fan. I blame my grandma, who loved it more than I.

7. Doughnuts. Oh, joy, for a fluffy, sugar-coated, pudding-filled, fried-doughy treat. Doughnuts are the devil.

8. Kool-aid. Do drinks count? Sure they do. Blue Lemonade + grape flavors reign here.

9. Strawberry Toaster Strudel. I never eat this. I must be hungry to even have thought it up.

10. Dim Sum. Perfectly steamed, hot, oily, meaty little bites of wonderful. More of a mini meal than a snack.

11. My mom's Italian Crisps. Cooked with love, I could eat a whole tray of these crispy little tasties. She would tell me, "Well you know how to make them!" But I would reply, "Everything tastes better when mom makes it!"

12. Arnold Palmer Half + Half Ice Tea/Lemonade. Another drink to the table. I've tried to make my own, but it's just not the same (but close if you use sweet tea). Holy moly. This stuff hits the spot.

13. Pineapple. Both me and my sister have been known to eat so much pineapple that we burn our taste buds on the citric acid it contains...Weird, but true.

14. Blondies. Don't get me wrong, I love a brownie, but I love the butterscotchiness of blondies.

15. Fro yo. Hello, Pinkberry. Throw some fresh raspberries in the mix and I am in snack food heaven.

7 comments:

Dan Reeve said...

French Onion dip is the debil

Tony Casas said...

You eat way healthy. I'm more of a coconut popsicle, or broccoli and cheese kinda guy.

Mr. M. said...

I have eaten so many Lemonheads that I can no longer taste anything but burning. As a kid, I'd eat a spoonful of Tang. After college, instead of ice cream, I'd have 3 or 4 frozen containers of orange juice or lemonade concentrate in the freeezer... that plus a spoon and I was all set.

Alycia said...

omg i LOVE this post! I am inspired! and hungry!
thanks for the well wishes :)

Amy Seager said...

Love that pic - my blog is called 'Green Pickles' so it made me smile!
Your blog is so cute.

Love
Aimee
x

Diana Mieczan said...

Uhhhh...love doughnuts:)
I cant live with out chips:)

Unknown said...

i love pickles too! - what a great idea for a post - u go hot stuff! - keep em' coming with ur creativity! - LOVES IT!

Hugs
Erika
http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...