Winters in Ohio are a good time to tackle indoor home improvement projects. My friends did a bit of remodeling to their kitchen recently and it got me motivated to do a bit of sprucing up around here, too. I had been wanting to paint our kitchen white for awhile now. It's hard to resist when you see such gorgeous inspiration. Just look! Seriously, what's not to love about these kitchens? Bright, clean and inviting -- just the direction I want to take for ours.
There really isn't much wall to paint in our actual kitchen. It's mainly the eat-in kitchen space that needed repainting, so it wasn't that huge of a task, but wow, what an impact it had. Dingy beige walls, no more! We now have a bright, cheery, sparkly bright white kitchen and I'm seriously in love. Just a couple of days and two coats of Sherwin Williams Pure White Harmony (low VOC and completely rocking) paint to get us that much closer to our inspiration kitchen.
Refreshing the Kitchen Project:
· Replace eat-in kitchen lighting fixture
· Choose & install task lighting above counter
· Sew new banquette cushion covers & accent pillows
· Paint table legs & join to tabletop (Can't wait to share this!)
· Have glass cut for tabletop
· Replace the laminate countertop with butcherblock
· Find accessories & wall decor
· Declutter the countertops
· Create a recycling station
· Repair (or replace) the dishwasher
So that's what we're doing at home right now, but we're dreaming of lots more. What home improvement projects have you been working on or would like to begin?