I'm a traveler and road trips are one of my favorite things to do in the whole, entire world. I got to thinking about summertime trips, which lead me to thinking of all the places I've been. The list is impressive. Maybe that will be a future post, but, for now, I'll start with the states I've not yet had a chance to visit, plus why I'd like to go. What's your favorite road trip destination?
1. Washinton -- For the forests.
2. Oregon -- Portland is more than reason enough.
3. Idaho -- To see the Grand Tetons.
5. Utah -- For the Salt Lake.
6. Colorado -- For the skiing.
7. North Dakota -- Scandinavian Hjemkomst Festival.
8. Minnesota -- Mall of America.
9. Nebraska -- Winnebago Pow-wow
10. Wisconsin -- To visit my aunt & uncle.
11. Louisiana -- NOLA, holla.
12. Maryland -- For Bethesda foodie heaven (and a trip to D.C.)
13. Delaware -- To say, "Hi, we're in Delaware."
14. Rhode Island -- Beautiful Newport.
15. Vermont -- Ben & Jerry's factory tour.
16. New Hampshire -- For Spring Maple Sugaring season.
17. Maine -- For the lobsta.
18. Alaska -- For the natural beauty.
19. Hawaii -- For the surf.
*Update 2/28/10: Oops. I've been to Wyoming! I forgot that Devils Tower is located in Wyoming and was there in 1997. Time to go back for another visit, I think!