12.29.2009

Adventures in Bavaria: Nuremberg

Schöner Brunnen Fountain, Nuremberg
Gothic Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady, 1352-61; R.C.)
Top L: Prune Men (good luck charms...real prunes. ew.)
Top R: Glass ornaments shaped like food! I hearted them.
Bottom L: Brightly-colored Christmas booth.
Bottom R: Candied nuts. Yumm.

Oh how good it feels to be home again! To say that the last few weeks have been busy is a gross understatement, but wow did we have a great trip + Christmas. I can't believe it's almost New Year's Eve. Can you? This year went by on warp speed!

This week, I'm going to try to pop in with some great photos and stories from our latest traipse across the globe.

Now. Without further ado, here's some favorites from Nuremberg. It's hard to contain myself sometimes when it comes to photo taking and when we were on vacation, we took almost 400 photos and about a dozen videos with the Flip. I wish I could share them all, but I'm not even going to try. However, I will share my favorites. Hope you like them :)

· My some small miracle, we were on one of the last flights of of Paris to Nuremberg before the airport was shut down for snow! Talk about lucky. There were a handful of folks on the cruise that had to meet up with us a couple of days into the tour (and went a whole week without ever getting their luggage.)

· Nuremberg Christmas markets - They are the BEST! Even though the cold was settling in around us, a little glühwein helped to warm us up from the inside out. The ornaments, decorations, gingerbread, chocolates and sausages were enough to make you forget completely about the very potential frostbite that could be settling in on your toes...

What a view. Frauenkirche in the background.
Glühwein! It was...medicinal.
Sausages and a hat I crocheted. No one on the tours could lose me!
Top L: Cutest. Hedgehog. Ever. I bought one :)
Top R: Most beautiful laser-cut wood decorations.
Middle: Gingerbread as big as your head!
Bottom: Kristkindlmarkt at night, Nuremberg, Germany.

1 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Yes, indeed OH MY WORD!

hank you for such lovely photos, I feel as though I were there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...