11.24.2009

Countdown Jamaica: 1 Week To Go!

West End Road, Negril (aka Paradise)
{source}


Let's just talk a moment about how freaking ready I am for Jamaica! The whole time leading up to the wedding (and even a day or two after), I couldn't understand why anyone would want to take their honeymoon immediately after the wedding. Gosh, just the stress alone of having to pack everything up and fly the next day or two gives me butterflies!

It wasn't until a few days ago that I truly understand and appreciate the escape a honeymoon really is...and what a difference a week makes! Now, the Mr. and I...there's no difference in us. We're sickeningly blushy gushy newlyweds and loving every ridiculous moment. But waiting a couple of weeks to take our honeymoon was so...practical of us. We completed a registry, started thank you notes, made sure everyone was paid and had letters of recommendation written, started to put our house back together, did laundry and got back to work. We also had an amazing tailgate the day after our wedding, have had 3 family dinners, visited with friends, watched OSU beat Michigan, will celebrate Thanksgiving and have 0% stress packing for our trip. But...

Oh, how nice it would be to be destressing on the beaches of Negril, with my handsome husband and a refreshing rum drink in hand? Really, folks, that can't come soon enough! I need a break! And sunshine! Lots of sunshine! And have I mentioned how excited I am to eat jerk chicken? I could sit on the beach eating jerk chicken, drinking Red Stripe for a week and be the happiest girl on the planet. Good times, they are a-comin' :)

3 Dives Restaurant & Cliff Bar is a MUST!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your trip sounds wonderful! How exciting, just around the corner now! Almost there!

Taryn said...

You are singing my song! We are leaving for our honeymoon on Saturday and, siting at work right now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why we decided to wait. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...