7.17.2009

How To Make Ice Cream Like an Artisan

{Courtesy Food & Wine, Lisa Fjeld & Frances Janisch}

Must read for foodies everywhere: How To Make Ice Cream Like an Artisan

Jeni's rockstar ice cream genius is being shared with us all...in the form of recipes for the home ice cream maker. I'm literally swooning...and resisting to put an ice cream machine on the registry to make these recipes alone. Instead, I'm going to bribe Mr. M. (or beg & plead) for his ice cream maker. Oh joy for homemade Jeni's at my birthday party! That might be all we eat, come to think of it...

I can has flavors:
Vanilla Bean
Pistachio
Mint
Strawberry Fro Yo
Lemon-Blueberry Fro Yo
Melon Sorbet
Sour-Cherry Lambic Sorbet
Sugar Syrup

5 comments:

True Blind Faith said...

Must buy ice cream maker immediatley! Earlier my friend mentioned a recipe for blackberry lavendar ice cream and know this. The rest of the summer will be so sweet

HennHouse said...

My favorite (that I've made) is salted caramel. I made my own caramel sauce and it took all day, but it was SO worth it. (And I used the 12 egg whites to make an angel food cake to go along... MMMMM.)

Mr. Mm said...

More than a score and five years past, my Italian grandfather told us the "ice cream" story, containing detailed family recipes. He would NOT write this down. I still us the "white base" and "chocolate base" recipes.

Just this year my Beautiful Wife bought me a new icream maker, and I've started experimenting again. I highly recommend using Coriander instead of vanilla once... do you know what else has coriander in it? You've all eaten one....

M

Evelyn said...

Mr. M - so cool! I think I need to hear this story :) And I'm going to guess, though I'm not always good at my spices...but is it meatballs??

Mr. M said...

Hotdogs ... but you'd never believe it after eating the ice cream....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...